Witham offers Transitions, a specialized behavioral health program for older adults, to help address the emotional and medical needs many face. As an inpatient program, Transitions provides a safe, secure environment to adults ages 60 and over so they may maintain a satisfying quality of life. Patients may be referred to Transitions by physicians, social service agencies, or family members.
Transitions services provided:
- Crisis stabilization
- Individual, group and family therapy
- Patient and family education
- Medication management
- Activity therapy
- Physical therapy and other ancillary services, as appropriate
- Multidisciplinary assessment
Patient warning signs
- Individuals who may benefit from treatment commonly display a number of warning signs, including:
- Withdrawal from social contact
- Loss of interest in normal activities and appearance
- Panic attacks
- Severe change in eating and/or sleeping habits
- Sudden change in mental status
- Suicide threats and/or attempts
- Sudden agitation or aggression
The care team
Transitions offers a specially-trained, interdisciplinary staff experienced in working with the unique needs and concerns of senior adults. Our care team includes psychiatrists, primary care physicians, nurses, social workers, and occupational and recreational therapists.
The patient's family is a very important part of the care team. Family members are encouraged to participate in the patient's care and discharge plans and family conferences.
Transitions Senior Behavioral Health Care Services
2605 N. Lebanon Street
Lebanon, IN 46052