The Witham Wound Healing team is composed of a Board-Certified physician, podiatrist and specialty trained nurses who pride themselves in the care and healing of patients.
Patients are typically seen regularly for a period of time, allowing the wound care staff to develop relationships that help teach and encourage patients how to care for wounds and, in the case of chronic wounds, how to better manage the underlying problem, such as diabetes or vascular problems.
All our nurses are specifically trained in hyperbaric oxygen therapy and certifed for wound, ostomy and continence. We provide complete support and plan of care for all patients and family needs. Because your program will involve regular visits, we also will provide education on proper wound care attention at home, including dressing changes and ways to protect yourself from further injury until your next return to our office. Additionally, our team will assist in ordering all required supplies and will schedule all appointments needed for healing.
Treatment depends on the type and extent of the wound. Witham specializes in the following treatments:
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) - provides a 100%-oxygen environment that helps speed the healing of wounds. Witham is the only local center with HBOT.
- Vacuum therapy - uses a specialized wound dressing that gently removes infections and fluid from the wound.
- Diabetic offloading - helps wounds to heal by removing weight and pressure from the affected area.
- Skin graft replacement therapy
- MIST therapy - uses a combination of saline mist and ultrasound waves to cleanse bacteria from wounds while stimulating the cells to heal
- Ostomy Consultation - education and care.
Wound Healing Center
2705 N. Lebanon St.
Lebanon, IN 46052
One in four Americans over the age of 65 will develop a venous stasis ulcer, the most common type of chronic wound. Witham's Wound Healing Center is dedicated to healing these wounds, as well as diabetic foot wounds and pressure ulcers.