Treatment of Incontinence and Pelvic Floor Pain
The loss of bladder and bowel control affects millions of Americans. It is a symptom that can be effectively controlled with rehabilitation. Common causes of incontinence include an overactive bladder, impaired muscle or nerve function, weakness following prostate surgery and pelvic floor surgery and following pregnancy. Leaking occurs with sneezing, laughing, jogging, and other physical activity.
Pelvic floor muscle pain can be caused from painful scar and adhesions, levator ani muscle spasm, pelvic organ prolapse, and other causes.
Our clinicians understand that successful treatment requires special knowledge and skills. The staff has completed specialized training in interventions to manage these conditions.
Treatment may include:
- Exercise for retraining weak muscles and relaxing overly tense muscles
- Education on body changes, bladder retraining, voiding mechanism, home programs
- Biofeedback to direct the correct muscle function
- Electrical stimulation to identify and retrain the weak muscles
- Modalities for pain management
For additional information call 765-483-7320 and ask for one of our specialists involved with pelvic floor rehabilitation.
Witham Rehab Services
2705 N. Lebanon St.
Lebanon, IN 46052