The Legacy Society
Membership in The Legacy Society is reserved for those individuals who support our Foundation through life-income arrangements, trusts or bequests. These friends of the Witham Health Services Foundation help to assure its future financial viability and its ability to serve the hospital and the people we care for. The Society honors them and, through its activities, strives to enhance their appreciation of community-related healthcare and their affection for our Foundation.
Purpose of the Society
Gifts to The Legacy Society ultimately support Witham Health Services The Foundation is managed to maintain its real value and fund long-term needs of Witham Health Services The long-standing practice of not invading Foundation principal will continue to be a key policy. Therefore, all gifts to the Legacy Society have a lasting purpose and will never lose their value to our Foundation.
When is enough, enough? Income from the Witham Health Services Foundation helps us obtain new medical technology desired by our patients. Foundation dollars also help expand patient services and provide for education relative to medical care.
The assets of our Foundation directly determines our ability to:
- recruit and retain top quality physicians. The better the physicians, the better the quality of medical care for current and future generations in the community;
- recruit and retain Foundation professionals of the highest rank;
- extend an array of educational and outreach programs;
- expand local and countywide influence and
- produce major events.
All members of the Society have named the Witham Health Services Foundation in their estate plans or participate in a life-income program. Frequently used arrangements:
- designation of a bequest to the Witham Health Services Foundation; or
- participation in a charitable remainder trust designating the Witham Health Services Foundation for a beneficial interest in an insurance policy, retirement plan, or trust gift of a remainder interest in a personal residence or farm. Those who have created a provision in their estate plans to benefit the Foundation and who have informed us of their consideration and generosity through documentation of an irrevocable or revocable gift planned or designated to come from their
assets or estate, are eligible for membership in The Legacy Society.
- A listing in the Annual Report of the Foundation. (Anonymous gifts will be respected by not being named.)
- Invitation to an annual membership event.
- Invitations to join in exclusive events and programs featuring updates and news about the hospital and the Foundation.
Questions? Please contact:
Witham Health Services Foundation
2705 N. Lebanon Street, Suite 115
Lebanon, IN 46052